The artillery radio jammers for single use are intended to create active barrage jamming in tactical units of the enemy within the frequency range from 1.5 to 120 MHz. The frequency range covers the frequencies for work of all tactical military HF and VHF radios, regardless of which army is the user. The frequency range is completely covered by 8 pieces of the product, each of which creates jamming in a different frequency band with determined frequency bandwidth which overlap.
The carrying of the products in the determined enemy area for jamming is done by means of artillery cargo shells with caliber 122 mm, 130 mm, 152 mm and 155 mm. Samel-90 develops also the possibility for using of the cargo mine with 120 mm caliber as carrier of the radio jammer.
The main composition of the product is the following:
- Cargo shell with different caliber
- Built-in in the cargo shell radio jammer
- Cartridge case with a charge
- Time fuze – fuze that determines the time for flight of the shell before dividing between the shell and the radio jammer over the enemy area
Before firing of the cargo shell with built in radio jammer the following is done:
- Depending on the data from the radio electronic intelligence, the commander who is responsible for radio electronic counteraction chooses which frequency bandwidth jammers will be fired in the area for disposal of the enemy;
- If there are no data from the intelligence, the commander can take decision to fire shells containing radio jammers for all frequency ranges.
The firing of the cargo shell with integrated radio jammer is done as the shooting with ordinary HE (High Explosive) or other cargo shells. Data for parameters of the firing are contained in shooting tables, which are available to the artillery units.
Before firing, the time fuze is set with the definite time for flight of the shell to the area, in which the separation of the radio jammer from the housing of the shell will be performed. Time for separation of the radio jammer depends on the distance to which the shooting is done (the distance between the gun and enemy disposal area).
During the shot the time fuze is activated and the time for separation is run. After separation during the flight of the cargo shell, by influence of the air stream, the parachute system of the radio jammer is opened. By its influence, the product decreases its speed, stabilizes its flight and is stacked into the ground. At hit into the ground, the switch that contributes drawing out of the antenna and switching ON of the jammer starts to operate. Its switching OFF is automatic after expiry of the time assigned during the production (normally 60 minutes). For the operating time the product jams all types of radios in the respective frequency ranges.
The product is exclusively suitable in case of local conflicts, in case of urgently needed tactical maneuvers in the area of enemy disposal and for other tactical operations when it is of significant importance to block the enemy communications. Without having radio connection the enemy loses management and control of its tactical teams and as a result capture of their positions becomes an easy task.
The product has been patented in Bulgaria, Europe and some other counties.
- Jamming Solutions
- Artillery Jammers
- Cell Phone Jammer
- Prison Jammers
- Command Post Vehicles
- Integrated Communication Systems
- Intercom Systems
- VHF Portable Radio
- Field Telephone Sets
- Surveillance System and guarding solutions, Ground Radars
- Switches and Switchboards
- Manpad Launcher